Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Our First Valentines Day

So we just had a first Valentines Day together as a married couple. We've had 1 together as a dating couple, and 1 as an engaged couple both of which were wonderful. But this year was different. I unfortunately had to work on Valentines Day, but we were able to get some one on one time together. I made Jared's gift this year, it was a book made from playing cards that was titled "52 Reasons Why I Love You." This took me some time to put together, but I think he really loved it. Along with the book I got him new sunglasses, a cute little stuffed bear, and gummies (Jared absolutely loves gummy stuff). Jared woke up with me at 4:30, and went down to scrape my car windows for me which is not something he does for me. He also came by before he went to school and put a CD in my car that I would listen to when I got off. Totally surprised me. It started with our song "Then" by Brad Paisley, followed by music he knew I wanted and songs that make him think of me. So cute! He also sent me a single red rose which arrived after I got home from work. He also made us a calendar with pictures we have taken since we got together with all the birthdays and other important events of the year on it.
That day Jared got a dent in the slide in his trombone, so he skipped 2 classes so we could get it repaired ASAP. He had concerts and other performances so it needed to be repaired quickly. So we drove to St George and dropped the trombone off to be repaired. While we waited we went to the visitors center at the St George Temple and walked around the temple grounds. We would have done a session or something, but the temple is closed for maintenance and what not. It was nice to just hold hands and be near the temple, where we had thought about getting married at one point. It was also nice to listen to music and hold hands in the car on the way down.
When we got home, we put the lasagna in the oven and ran to the grocery store to get some garlic bread. We ate dinner and watched "Friends with Benefits" and went off to bed.
It was just so nice to spend time together and show our love to one another. It was a great Valentines Day.
Our 1 Year Anniversary is in a few weeks so we'll have another excuse to show how much we love each other all over again.

1 comment: