Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Boy or Girl???

On June 7th we had our first ultrasound. Yes I realize that many women have their first ultrasound before they are 20 weeks along, but my amazing doctor waits until 20 weeks. And seeing as I am driving 6 hours to see my doctor I trust him completely (hence the driving 6 hours just to see him). Anyway we knew that we would be seeing this miracle baby of ours and also finding out if we are having a boy or girl, so we were pretty excited. I had heard that the gel is cold so I braced myself, but Brad (the technician guy) warmed it up so that I would be more comfortable. It didn't take long for us to see our little one. We checked out the heart to make sure everything was in order there and saw all 4 chambers of the heart pumping away and checked out the heart rate which was at 136. We then saw all 4 limbs with fingers and toes, and some measurements were taken. We saw the spine and rib cage. We saw the head and some measurements were taken. Then we came to finding out if we had a boy or girl. Thankfully our little one was cooperative and we got a very clear picture right between the legs so there was no doubt. Based on measurements and such they put our due date as October 22, though I am sure the baby will come when they are ready. Jared snapped some pictures of our ultrasound...




We then headed to lunch at Joe Morley's BBQ (best BBQ place) to celebrate the health of our baby. I'd been craving Joe's baked beans, brisket and onion chips for a while so it was a no brainer to go there for lunch. After lunch we headed to Zurchers to get supplies for our big reveal with my parents and all our siblings that live in the Salt Lake Valley. We grabbed the appropriate balloons as well as things needed to make a cake. We then spent the next hour or so getting things ready. Bo was VERY interested in the balloons...


At 6:00 everyone (minus Andrea who came later after getting out of class) came over to my parent's house and we took our balloons into the backyard so that our boys could be involved as well. My sister was more than happy to take pictures for us and my dad got some video on his phone. Once everyone was ready we let the balloons out of the box.







Yep it's a girl! Which means we have no ideas on a name for her. But we already love her so much already and are excited to be her parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment